Growing With Wonder is a high-quality, early childhood educational program that honors and celebrates everyone who enters. We pride ourselves on implementing a relationship-based approach through the lens of education for sustainability with an emphasis on social and emotional learning. We believe that honoring the diverse perspectives each member of our community brings to the table allows us to create a respectful and safe environment which encourages students, educators, and families to teach and learn from each other. We recognize the value each person’s uniqueness brings to our school, and together, strengthens our community and helps us work towards building a better tomorrow. Our Philosophy Growing With Wonder’s philosophy is centered around a play and relationship-based, child-centered, multi-age, inclusive, arts-enriched emergent curriculum approach that recognizes its students, families, and staff as thoughtful, capable, and invaluable contributors and stewards of the school, local community, and world at large. We are committed to creating a safe and supportive environment for all members of the local community by ensuring representation in our school of, but not limited to, gender inclusivity, racial diversity, non-traditional family units, differently-abled citizens, and socio-economic backgrounds. We believe no child should be denied access to a high-quality early childhood educational experience, regardless of extenuating circumstances. Our Educational Statement Teachers are obligated to see themselves as collaborators with their students, showing a palpable eagerness to learn right alongside them. Teachers will immerse themselves in professional development, including but not limited to research on child development, family structures and dynamics, inclusive practices, and the latest advances in the field of early childhood education. Teachers should always engage in self-reflection, revising their pedagogical ideology, continuously evolving into the best educators they can be.
Our Philosophy & Values
* We believe in children, teachers, families, and the community all growing with wonder together to create an environment where all people are inspired to be their best selves.
* We believe that building strong relationships is the foundation upon which deep and meaningful learning emerges.
* We see each child as a capable human being and respect their individuality and the unique contributions they bring to our community.
*We believe in fostering a love and wonder for the Earth and all the living creatures we share it with, growing a lifelong sense of responsibility and stewardship.
* We believe that children are born with an inherent sense of wonder. Through and with their peers, families, educators, and the community they can grow that wonder together.
* We believe in a true collaborative approach. Educators and families, families and child, child and community.
* We believe everyone is an agent of change and the owner of their own educational journey.
* Teachers are always hungry for learning, growing, and evolving into better, more passionate versions of themselves.
* We believe in never losing sight of the needs of the community and families that we serve.
* Educators always start with the child, giving them freedom of expression while guiding them along a path that leads them towards learning through creativity, allowing for deep and meaningful exploration, collaboration, and understanding of the world around them.
* Documentation, research, and reflection are crucial pieces of the educators role in guiding students towards deeper learning experiences.
* We believe in giving ourselves permission to make mistakes, viewing each mistake as an opportunity for growth.
* We believe in always approaching life with a “Let’s Try” perspective.
* Educators continue to influence each other and the Early Childhood Education field through discussion, presentations, knowledge sharing, mentorship, and continuing the never-ending quest to provide children with the greatest educational experience.